JANUARY
Aaron and I had been engaged for about a month at this point so naturally I going gaga over all the wedding plans. My mom and sister were awesome sidekicks as we hit up some of the bridal shows.
I bravely ordered my wedding dress without ever trying it on.
FEBRUARY
Aaron and I celebrated our 3rd Valentines together in which I came up with 100 reasons why I loved him. Piece of cake.
Wedding plans were kinda put on pause so I could focus on school.
I found out I would be an aunt to a sweet little baby! (secretly I already knew)
MARCH
I welcomed the ombre into my life and I loved every minute of it.
My talented sister in law, Andriana, put her makeup skills to work as we tested out engagement, bridal and wedding makeup possibilities.
APRIL
We finally set the wedding date.
As tradition we celebrated Earth Day at Zion National Park.
MAY
We got our engagements taken by Sara Ursua. I was fixated on making sure our outfits were perfect, the location was perfect, our poses were perfect. Guess what? My neurotic nature paid off. Well that and Sara is just amazing.
We celebrated Aaron's birthday with some golf and custard. That custard is too good to be true. Tiki shack made multiple appearances and so did my wicked sunburns.
JUNE
Bridal time. I wanted to capture that first look moment which led to a blind folded Aaron. As we were driving to our picture location he says to me "I can just feel how pretty you look right now." I sure picked a winner. I almost ruined my makeup from tears of joy. He is the sweetest.
I watched my sister win a GOLD medal in the summer games. BOO YA!
JULYMy sister threw me the best bridal shower I could have asked for. Friends and family from near and far came. It meant so much to me to have them all there. My sister recorded Aaron answering some questions about our relationship in the way that he thought I would answer. I have to admit we did very well, we make a good team. (video to be posted later)
AUGUST
After dating for 3 1/2 years the day I had been waiting for most was finally here. Our wedding day. It was nothing short of perfection. Being sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity while being surrounded by love ones was all I could have asked for. That and Aaron falling in the pool during our first dance;)
We were lucky enough to go to Maui for our honeymoon and it was all I ever hoped for.
When we returned I started up student teaching in 2nd grade and LOVED every minute of it.
SEPTEMBER
I became an auntie to this sweet Mason boy (and secretly got baby hungry myself).
OCTOBER
I had to leave my cute second graders for kindergarten (which I was terrified for). Turns out kindergarten is the best thing that ever was!
We carved some wicked pumpkins.
And dressed up as a chef and her lobster.
NOVEMBER
I had to say good bye to these cuties. They touched my life in so many different ways and I know I will be a better teacher because of them.
Plus isn't this note just adorable?
I spent my first holiday away from my family and I kinda had a break down that morning because of it, but I don't know why I felt that way because I had the best Thanksgiving ever. I am so lucky to have the in laws that I do.
DECEMBER
Aaron surprised me with tickets to see my favorite band THE SHINS!
I began our Christmas tradition of the "12 dates of Christmas". This will be something we can do for each other and then carry it on when we have children too. I feel like it really helped us get in the spirit of Christmas.
We spent our first married Christmas together and it was perfect. We got spoiled left and right. But in another way we got spoiled to have been able to spend time with both families. Because that's what life is about, sharing it with the ones you love.


































No comments:
Post a Comment