Wednesday, March 19, 2014

An Ode to a Handful of Years With You

I never thought that one night in March 5 years ago would be so significant to our love story. It's incredible when you look back and reminisce over your life, you can see how little decisions you've made have led you to exactly where you are today.

"Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better than making you my bride and slowly growing old together." 5 years ago Aaron and I went on our first date where he gave me a CD with a song that held these lyrics. It would be years before either one of us would understand how influential that song was to our relationship.

I can say without a doubt that I married my best friend. I had never met anyone who was as equally weird as I was, or anyone that I could truly be myself around. I had never met anyone who I could talk to for hours about anything and never run out of things to talk about. I had never met anyone who could make me laugh so hard. March of 2009 I had found my person.

During the past 5 years Aaron has shown me true friendship, love and compassion. He has been there with me through the best and worst moments and loved me the same. He has introduced me to so many new things that I have come to love. He has made me branch out and experience things that I never would have. I am who I am today because Aaron helped show me who I was. A part of me was always missing until I found him. He took me to a place that no one else could. We see the best parts of each other that sometimes we fail to see in ourselves. We are a team and when we work as one we always win.

Here's to the past 5 years we've shared together. Here's to all the laughs, the tears, the deep conversations, the adventures, and more love than we could have ever hoped for.












Five years going on forever.

No comments: