For a while after I had Olivia, I had a hard time not using my college degree. I felt like I had to justify to everyone why I wasn't working and you know what? It was hard. I desperately had wanted to teach for a couple years before we started having kids, but instead God granted me the greatest gift I could have been given. I love staying home with Olivia. It is a dream. I love being there for every milestone and I'm grateful to my husband for working so hard so that I can. Yes I work one day a week at the job I've had for the last 9 1/2 years and some days I feel like why am I still here? I feel like everyone else thinks that too. I am a planner and a goal oriented person. I want to know where I am going to be in a year or 5 years. I have had to learn life doesn't always work out the way you have planned. God has a bigger and better plan for you. I have had to learn to go with the flow and to live in the moments in front of me. This is extremely hard for me. I will always have to work on not thinking about the future. In order to feel fulfilled as my own individual, without using my degree, I have tried to have hobbies that I can still have while being a stay at home mom. Sometimes I feel bad for wanting alone time (which is such a rare thing as a mom) but I know that I need it in order to be the wife, mother and individual that I want to be.
I cling to music, movies, and literature because I want to fall in love with a story that makes me feel like I'm not alone. Like someone out there feels exactly how I feel. I love finding something that speaks so true to my heart that I can't cope with life because I am so lost in being happy.
- I love reading. I love getting lost in a good book and feeling like the words are speaking directly to me. I love feeling like I can't get on with my life because I can't get over the book I just read. It's been a goal of mine this year to read a book a month and I have stuck to it, I hope I can continue on with this goal through the years to come. I forgot how much I loved to read and I'm so happy that a goal I made has brought me so much happiness.
- I love film. I obsess over the characters and what will happen next. I fall in love with the stories tv shows tell and I never want them to end. I enjoy watching the similarities and differences of movies done by my favorite directors. Thanks to my mother in law and her oscar party every year I have wanted to throughly study the films in the various categories. It's a hobby that I share with my husband and on my own.
- I love food. I love to cook and to watch people enjoy my creations. I have had to get over "oh I want to lose weight" because guess what baby? I like food WAY TO MUCH. As long as I feel comfortable and healthy in my body, I want to find a balance of healthy eating and indulging in amazing cuisine.
- I haven't got a clue who I am as a whole. I may think I know bits and pieces of who I am, but I really think the whole point of life is to find out who you are. It may be different at every stage of your life. I know I've changed a lot since high school, since college, since becoming married and since becoming a mother. All I care is that I am continuing to change for the better, that I am continuing to do things that make me happy, and being true to myself.
I'll leave you with:
Above all remember this, if it matters to you who cares if it matters to anyone else.



3 comments:
Oh my! I've totally been feeling like I'm not myself anymore. I love life but where did Kaylie go? Thanks for sharing, you are so great!
tandkaylie.blogspot.com
Alexis Dear . . . this is life . . . it changes continually and you become MORE AND MORE beautiful with it. I loved your words; they are sooo true with all of us. Who are we, what are we suppose to do? What is our purpose? Just know, we all think you are BEAUTIFUL and successful. You are a true friend to everyone and that too is important to our Heavenly Father and his plan. Keep up the good work. YOU LOOK STUNNING in that hat. Love you. PS. I hope you are still working for years to come. You are one of my BEST! Love you. Kim
Post a Comment