Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Mommy Role Models

Better late than never. Here is my Mother's Day post to those mommas in my life that are inspirations to me.

My Mother
  
She took care of me when I was sick, fed me when I was hungry, put up with my tantrums and teenage arguments. She truly wants the best for me and gives me advice on how to go after my dreams. I love her and am so thankful for all she has done for me in my life.

My Mother-In-Law

It's pretty hard to get thrown into a new family with marriage, but not when you have a Mother-In-Law like mine. She has included me from the very beginning and treated me like her very own. She is one of the most giving people I know; she always puts others before herself. I owe her a lot for raising such a fine young man I get to call my husband. I love her very much!

My Newly Acquired Big Sis
I've always been the "big sis" in my family so I've never known what it was like to have an older sibling, but Bree took on the role and became the big sister I never had. She has teased me, laughed with me, and cried with me. She has given me some of the best advice I could ask for and has been there for some of the most significant moments in my life. The most important thing she has done for me is being that example I have to look up to. I have watched her be positive even when things are hard, I have seen her love the Lord and be strong in the gospel, but most importantly I have watched her be a mother to two of the sweetest kids. Bree has let me come in and be "Aunt Lexis". I have grown to love those kids more than anything and I'm thankful for the role she lets me play in their life. I am blessed to say my sister in law is one of my best friends. 

My Sista Sista

Who knew that girl in my art class would one day be my sister. From the start of dating Aaron, Andi and I became the best of friends. We would double date and be the "fab 4". Andi was always there to give me advice or talk with me about life. I have watched her become a wife and a mother. Let me tell you, there was no one more excited or ready to become a mom than this lady! She has shown sacrifice and true love. I'm thankful for her example in my life and blessed to be her sister and an Auntie to that sweet baby Mason of hers. 



Being an Auntie has helped me know what love truly is for those sweet spirits. I can't even comprehend the love I will feel when I hold my own children in the future. I am thankful for the roles these mothers play in my life and for the roles they let me play in theirs. Whether they know it or not, I watch from the sidelines and learn from them each and every day.

1 comment:

Kimberly K. Hansen said...

I LOVE your blog. You are so beautiful and I love your 50 random comments about you and Aaron. Now, it's time to get this blog updated. I want to read it weekly. Love you. Kim K. Hansen