Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One Month

I can't believe my baby girl is one month old! It feels like this month has flown by, but when I look back on giving birth it feels like its been forever. Time is weird like that.

We are finally starting to get on a schedule and adjust to our new life with our little human. The first week was pure bliss, but the 2nd week (when Aaron had to go back to work) was so hard on me. Adjusting to life without sleep and no time to yourself is tough. I have a whole new appreciation for every mother out there. It's taken me some time, but I finally feel like I'm getting to know Olivia and her needs. That mother's intuition stuff is crazy real. We have had our hard days, but for the most part we are blessed with one good baby. I will be honest, I was terrified of the newborn stage, but I am loving it. I love just getting to cuddle her all day. I am taking in every moment because I realized your first born is the only child that gets your undivided attention 24/7. I want to be able to remember everything and soak it all in while I don't have any other responsibilities. Life is pretty darn amazing for our little family of 3. We are loving every minute of it.

At one month Olivia is: 
  • loving daddy's kisses
  • adjusting to bath time
  • starting to smile
  • obsessed with her binky
  • grunting like an old man while she sleeps
  • mesmerized with the fan in the living room
  • finally getting too long for newborn clothes
  • loving her carseat
  • perfectly content when we go on walks
  • a little spoiled with all the attention she is getting, but hey that's what a first born gets right;)



We love our pretty little and couldn't imagine life without her.

1 comment:

Keely Kringlen said...

Soo sooo cute. I love how you are documenting Olivia growth and development. So cute with the #1 on her outfit. You are doing awesome. Enjoy your blog; and she's beautiful! Love, Kim