Wednesday, March 25, 2015

12 Months/1 Year


I can't even express all the emotions I've gone through this past year. I can't believe a year ago we were sitting in the hospital waiting to meet our sweet angel. Some things seem like they were forever ago and some seem like just yesterday. I was super melancholy the night of her birthday because that's when it actually hit me that she was one.

I then started questioning if I had done all the right things as a mom this past  year. Had we played enough? Read enough? Sang enough? Did I give her the right amount of attention? Could we have done better in any aspect of our parenting? Don't ask me why I was doing this. I know it's crazy because I know I've done a good job as a mom. I have done my best. I have had hard days but we make it through them and it's comforting to know we can start anew each day. Not a day goes by that she isn't smothered with love by everyone around her. And that is enough.

At 12 months Liv:

  • loves to share
  • is starting to refuse food she doesn't like (a select few)
  • she really is a great eater (especially if daddy has a taste)
  • points at everything with her hand like a gun (pointer finger and thumb out)
  • stands on her own
  • loves dancing (especially Uptown Funk, Chandelier & Fleetwood Mac)
  • is so good at following directions & we are amazed at how much she understands
  • claps for herself when she's done something right
  • learned how to stack blocks
  • still loves doing Tommy Boy
  • loves playing hide and seek
  • has been super cuddly lately and wants me to hold her all the time
  • has two bottom teeth and the top 4 are coming in 
  • has started climbing on things

Weight: 19 lbs 
Height: 29 inches 

Here's a flashback through the past 12 months. 













12 months of Liv. 12 Months of Bliss.

Here's a video Aaron made for her birthday. We can't watch it without crying every single time. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

3 comments:

Kimberly K. Hansen said...

YOU, Y O U are such a good mother. Keep up the good work and Happy Birthday Livi.

Kimberly K. Hansen said...

OK Alexis, you are behind. It's time for an update on this blog. Love you. Kim

Kimberly K. Hansen said...

Here I am AGAIN Alexis Dear . . . wanting to read your life and there is no update. I want to know of all of your happiness. Love, Kim